Learn About PROUT
We invite you to deepen your understanding of PROUT concepts and engage in discussion with the global community that is exploring their implementation. We recognize that our work on theory development, policy formulation, and model projects will benefit society only if our ideas and experience are shared with those who seek positive pathways to revitalize the society. Toward this end, we have developed a diversity of learning opportunities, as described below.
Subscribe to the PROUT email list to be notified of upcoming learning opportunities.
Internet Accessible Learning Resources
The PROUT Institute’s richest source of information about the theory and practice of the PROUT paradigm are to be found on this website, on the Learn page. In addition, many enjoy learning about PROUT through following discussions on the Blog page and on the PROUT Institute Facebook. And we will soon make use of the Internet to offer on-line courses on PROUT.
- PROUT Library The PROUT Institute web-based library provides the world’s most extensive collection of Internet accessible PROUT theory articles, concept papers, policy statements, project reports, and transition strategy analyses.
- Video Library – Several presentations given by PROUT Institute staff at conferences and other events have been videotaped and made available in the Institute’s website video library. Additionally, the Institute will soon be initiating an effort to develop video presentations on PROUT theory topics and reports on PROUT Institute projects.
- Bookstore: Several books and booklets on PROUT can be ordered through the Bookstore. The book, PROUT: A New Paradigm of Development, presents one of the most systematic and comprehensive articulations of PROUT available. In addition to publications for sale, the Bookstore includes a feature called “What We Are Reading” — books that present solution-oriented approaches that we find compatible with and supportive of the implementation of the PROUT paradigm.
- Blog and Social Media Discussions. The PROUT Institute has arranged ample opportunities for users of this website to participate in blog discussions in which participants can ask questions about PROUT, debate the merits of PROUT based policies, and develop a sense of on-line community. The Institute also maintains a Facebook page with up-to-date reports on, and announcements about, PROUT activities.
- Online Courses. Scheduled to start in spring 2016 will be the Institute’s first distant education course. It will be on the topic, “An Introduction to PROUT Economics” and will be presented by PROUT Institute President, Jason Schreiner. This course will be available to an international audience and offered at very affordable tuition rates. Course details to be announced.
Local PROUT Educational Programs
In addition to the learning resources and courses available on the Internet, there are a diversity of learning programs offered at the PROUT Institute office in Eugene, USA.
- PROUT Classes. PROUT class series are offered twice annually at our Dharmalaya campus. The fall class focuses on presenting PROUT in relation to current social issues and trends. The spring class provides a systematic and in-depth presentation of PROUT as a social theory. Classes are given by Institute President, Jason Schreiner and Institute Executive Director, Ronald Logan
- Issues Symposia. This winter we will initiate a monthly issues symposia in which people can assemble at the Dharmalaya meeting space for in-depth discussions of issues important to clarifying new vision.
- Permaculture Courses and Workshops. In collaboration with master permaculture landscape designer, Heiko Koester, the PROUT Institute offers a diversity of permaculture related workshops and courses. We generally schedule three, day-long workshops in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Our current course offering is an Introduction to Food Forest course.
- Meditation Classes. Twice a year, meditation classes are offered at the Dharmalaya center. These classes provide guidance in meditation practice and in lifestyle observances that are supportive of meditation. While open to all, they tend to attract people who are highly motivated to develop the compassion and mental clarity to be of service in the society.
Additional Learning Opportunities
The PROUT Institute has also developed special opportunities to learn about PROUT through residential trainings and internships. And we have speakers available to appear at public programs.
- Residential Trainings. The Institute’s premier educational program is our Community Transformations Training. This five-week residential training offers an exceptionally rich and holistic range of learning experiences. Its appeal is mainly to young adults seeking knowledge of new social vision, sustainable living practices, wholesome lifestyle, community living, and personal development.
- Internships. The PROUT Institute welcomes inquiries about intern positions at our Dharmalaya office. Interns have a special opportunities to get training in the theory and practice of PROUT, as well as to experience the uplifting and creating community that contributes to life at Dharmalaya. Applicants should be strongly motivated to learn and help. To inquire, contact us at: info.proutinstitute.org
- Presentations and Speakers Bureau. Institute teachers are occasionally invited to give talks at conferences, symposia, or classrooms. Preview videos of speakers’ presentation style. To inquire, contact us at: email@example.com.