AndelsTanken (Andel=coop; Tanken=thought) is a cooperative alliance in Denmark, based on Prout ideas of decentralized development.
AndelsTanken is a cooperative supportive structure with the aim of democratizing and localizing the Danish Developmental paradigm. We work for coordinated cooperation to replace sub-ordinated competition as the basis of our development, based on trust, openness and jaevnbyrdighed (even burden sharing and respect). The cooperative moral codex is part of the Danish cultural DNA; the Danes are often compared to a tribe with close ties between all. The decentralized development of the cooperative spirit was a central part of Danish culture from 1888-1960s, where debt driven growth unfortunately took over from the cooperatively driven. And then there is the Jante Law, which is ancient equalitarian concept, whereby scorn is forthcoming if you amass too many privileges and think too highly of yourself.
AndelsTanken will assist the literally thousands of sustainable cooperative efforts under way in Denmark to achieve higher success rates. We will achieve this through following process:
- Professionalize organization building with inspiration from Sociocracy, Scrum and traditional Danish village councils (Tinge– historically each village secured relatively autonomy through their councils.)
- The base of the structure is the block level planning boards, elected from representative organizations. The planning boards will take initiative to formulate and implement transition action plans. The boards will look to resolve conflicts of interest, through a golden point logic, where the solutions that absolve contradictions instead of taking side in interest conflicts. Developmental plans to be put to local discussion and ballot in the block.
- Resource registration – human and non-human
- Needs and future needs assessment: energy, basic foods, employment,etc.
- Rational utilization and re-establishing of natural habitat, soils etc. – permaculture, traditional
- Ecovillage settlement as demonstration project, the villages established in close cooperation with the block level planning boards
- Maximum utilization of resources, cradle to cradle
- Local economic self-sufficiency: credit unions, LETS, etc.
- Cooperatively owned green micro grid to cover the blocs energy needs – an old Danish tradition on all utilities
- Consumer coop: The Local, concept includes distance VAT and free distribution of locally produced food stuffs.
- Cooperative industrial re-structuring, based on the success in the above areas
Updated reports on AndelsTanken’s activities will be posted on the PROUT blog.